04 November 2008

Ambition

Why is it that as we get older, our ambitious nature gets smaller?

When I was a child, my dream was to be the President of the United States. As I grew older and made my way through high school and college, I brought the dream down a notch and wanted to be a news anchor. Today, I've settled for sitting in a cubicle every day.

Is it because as we get closer to the time where we actually have to take a risk, go out on a limb, be forced out of our comfort zone, or actually work hard to accomplish something, the fear within us takes over, causing us to settle for "easy?"

As a child, we have the drive to do anything. The innocence and naivety to believe that the world is a great place with limitless possibilities. As I sit here reflecting on this thought as an adult, I realize that the world is indeed a place with limitless possibilities. My fear of failure has pulled the reigns on my ambition.

I'm so thankful for the scripture that says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Not some things, but everything... even becoming President. Hey, it is election day- Vote for me! ha.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails