02 February 2008

Little Perks of Being a Christian

As a Christian, I choose to surround myself with those with similar beliefs. With that being said, one of the perks of being a Christian and having other Christians in your life is that when you don't even know it, someone is praying for you. There are times in our lives where we feel completely alone and frusturated with our situations and then someone will come up to us and say "hey, I'm praying for you." Those simple little words and that simple little act can make all the difference.

Now I'm not saying that this happens all the time, but when it does, it feels like a little reminder from God that we aren't all alone and there are others that care.

This happened to me the other day at work from a lady that I've talked to maybe 2 other times. But during one of those convos I shared with her something (not that serious) that was going on in my life and when I saw her at work yesterday she asked me how it was going and told me she had been praying about it. Wow. I was completely taken back by this Christian gesture.

It's kinda sad that I was so surprised by this b/c I think that sometimes we forget that its our duty as Christians to pray and uplift our fellow brothers and sisters. It's so easy to get caught up in our own problems and lives that "I" and "me" end up being the only topic during our prayer time.

I challenge you to remember convos you have with people, pray for them and every once in a while tell them you're praying for their situation. You have know idea what those few little words can do for the soul.

ahhhh yes, the perks of being a Christian. lol

♥ Song I la la la love right now: New Soul by Yael Naim
♥ Artist I'm diggin': Kate Voegele
♥ Sport I'm finding more and more interesting: Rugby ;)
♥ What I'm obsessed with on Facebook: Scrabalicious and bumper stickers. ha!
Book I'm reading right now: He's Just Not That Into You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails