19 February 2008

I hope you like it

So, I realize that I've been a bit of a "Debbie Downer" lately.

And....

I would like to apologize.


On a much lighter note, I want to share with you some music. Isn't it amazing how much music can speaks to our souls? Man, I love it.

My absolute favorite artist in the world (literally), is Missy Higgins. She is an Australian artist that came on the scene down under a few years ago. I actually heard her for the first time on my plane ride to Australia in 2005. I was instantly hooked. Her first album is called "The Sound of White." Do you have a cd that you literally and truly love EVERY song on it? A hard treasure to find, this is mine. I love and hate how music can bring out so much emotion both good and bad, happy and sad. I recommend "Scar" and "10 Days" off of this record.

You may want to know what kind of music this is...well it's kind of an indie, folk, acoustic mix. Check out Missy Higgins on youtube or myspace.

Missy's newest album is called "On a Clear Night" and trust me, she doesn't disappoint. "Steer" is my favorite track on this disc.

I hope you enjoy her as much as I do. I'm ridiculously happy to announce, that just last week I found out that she is touring in the US and I GOT TICKETS. She'll be in Chicago in a few weeks and folks, I might just cry upon my first MH siting. lol

Wow. I think this might just be the most time and effort I've put into a post. Just think how great it could be if I knew people actually read this. ;) Enjoy the music...

1 comment:

JenLea said...

Hey! I read it! I'll have to check MH out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails