08 November 2010

Dexter


For those of you that don't know, my boyfriend's name is Dexter. I can't tell you how many times that when I've told someone his name, I've heard "Like the tv show??!"

Curiosity go the best of me (us), so this weekend, Dexter and I started the first season of Dexter. Verdict is in and the show is ADDICTING! Seriously, I totally dig it.

Be warned, the theme of the show is a little heavy (serial killer) but here's the gist of it as found on Wikipedia:

Orphaned at the age of three, Dexter Morgan is adopted by Miami police officer Harry Morgan and his wife Doris. After discovering that young Dexter has been killing neighborhood pets, Harry believes that the boy is a psychopath and teaches him "The Code" as a way to channel his violent urges towards people who "deserve it". In this code, Dexter's victims must be killers themselves who have murdered the undeserving and will likely do so again. Dexter must also have proof that the criminals are guilty. Most importantly, Dexter must never get caught. Flashbacks throughout the series show Harry, who died several years before, instructing Dexter in how to appear normal and cover his tracks.

1 comment:

Healthy Endings said...

I have a lot of friends who are OBSESSED with this show. I tried watching the first 4 episodes but it didn't have anything to grab me. Everyone says I should keep watching but I have other things I want to watch more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails