09 August 2011

Waitin' on a dream...

The following is a little poem my mom used to jokingly say as I was growing up...

"Patience is a virtue,
possess it if you can.
Found rarely in a woman, 
and never in a man."

Ah patience.  Oh how I loathe thee.  Mostly because I have such a hard time practicing it.   I genuinely desire God's will for my life, however, I can't seem to get to that place where I'm confident in what that plan is.

A good friend of mine, Doug Clay, recently wrote a book called Dreaming in 3D.  I had the pleasure of hearing him speak in front of thousands of people while I was in Arizona for work last week.  One thing he said really hit me deep in my core.  He said:  "Too many dreams get aborted because of lack of patience."  Boom. 

Even though I don't know specifically what my dream is, I know that I'm destined to do something great.  Destined to impact people in a positive way.  Destined to be a leader and destined to be an example of Christ to others.   I pray that disappointments, silence and distractions will not keep me from achieving my dreams.  The dreams that my creator has instilled in me.

In the meantime, as I struggle with patience and with the lack of understanding as to why I'm currently in a place of waiting, I hold on to this: 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7


Because let's face it, in this world of chaos and unknowing, He truly is the peace that passes all understanding.  


Hold on to your dreams my friends!  And that whole patience thing, I'll work on it if you will.  :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails